3.22.2012

A little Deb will do ya...

Welcome one and all to the relaunch of The Lit Chick blog. It took me a long time to think of a good topic to write about for my first blog back. Too much has happened since 2009 to update you all on everything that has gone on in my little world. I graduated college, got a great job working for a company I love, adopted two little fur balls who go by the name Lola and Linus, and oh yeah, MOVED TO AUSTIN!!!

The moving to Austin part...let's resume there.

After my mom passed away in December, I will admit that I was entirely lost. I think I stayed in a constant state of drunk for a good two months after. I packed up the house we had lived in for 14 years and moved in with family in Fort Worth. Now, for those of you who are just joining us, over the past year my mom Deborah had 3 hip replacements, numerous trips to the emergency room, a fallen hip implant, a Hematoma, and three rounds of physical therapy before passing away. Needless to say she put up an awesome fight.

Photobucket

Such a lady.

The two months that followed after she passed were really a blur. I loved the family I was living with, but each day was just a struggle to get up and function. I still drove past our old house every day on my way to work. I was reminded daily of how she was gone. I needed to get out.


Then the rescue team came.

Not only was I offered a position and a promotion in Austin, but my dear friend Sally (who is now my sister by proxy) offered me a room and a new life with her, her fiance TJ, and their little one Olivia. Instantly I was given a sister, a brother-in-law, and a niece. Not to mention a fresh start.

I took it.

I am kind of in a Catch-22. I want my mom to still be with me so I could tell her all the amazing things that are going on. The new people I am meeting, the new places I am visiting. But then again, if she were still with me, I wouldn't be here, living my life, experiencing these new adventures.

Photobucket

Best. Picture. Ever!

So, with this being my first post back, I dedicate it to my mom. My best friend and my secret keeper. I want to capture my new life in Austin using this blog. I want people to read it and respond to it. I want to share my story. In a way, I do get to live my life now. She gave me the opportunity to do that.

So stay tuned, because this story is just getting started.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love you, girl. I hope your life here in Austin brings you lovely adventures. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, lady. Plan on being part of those adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe!! You are so strong Macy. Your parents are both watching over you and are extremely proud of a beautiful young women you have become. :). Christine c.

    ReplyDelete