3.23.2012

Write Place, Write Time...


I thought long and hard if I wanted to keep the title of this blog "The Lit Chick." I haven't felt like a writer in a really long time. I started this blog back in 2009 while I was still in college and, in my opinion, at my peek of my writing creativity. I was a columnist for the University newspaper, I had a play that was selected to be performed at The Globe Theater of the Great Southwest, and I really felt like I knew what I wanted to do with my writing career. Then I just got lazy.

I don't want to go all dear diary on you, but juggling college, being a caretaker for both of my parents, and working a full time job really didn't leave much time for a blog. So it kind of just fell by the wayside. I really enjoyed it, and I still do. I just never had the time (or the energy) to just keep up with it.

While going through old journals and rehashing old manuscripts I swear I am going to finish one day, I decided to see if I still remembered my username and password for my Blogger. And what do you know, I did! I started rereading all my old blog posts and looking at what I had written. It made me reminisce about life in college, the people I knew, the professors I loved, and how happy I was while doing it.

I took the fact that remembered my my password as a sign from the literary Gods that I should try and pick my blog back up where it left off. I decided to keep with the Lit Chick schtick because, well, I am a lit chick. Self proclaimed lit chick, but a lit chick nonetheless. I have big plans for this blog. I'm starting to write again, draft again, and possibly finish that manuscript I am always talking about. Perhaps this is a stepping stone to bigger and better things.

But for now, let's just see where the blog goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment