4.10.2012

Ahh, Fork It...

Hello everyone! I hope you all had an amazing Easter weekend and a great start back to the week. Or you were like me and hit the snooze button 7 times Monday morning and cursed the daylight. Either way, I'm glad we meet again.

Easter for me was bittersweet. Ashley went back home and I spent a good 2 hours at Walmart grocery shopping and trying not to go down the candy aisle. All those discounted chocolate bunnies are deadly, aren't they! Damn you, Cadbury. Damn you straight to hell!

For the past 5 months or so, I have been on a life changing plan to lose weight and get healthy. I'm not on any diet pills, haven't looked for personal trainers or dietitians, and haven't considered surgery. I decided to do it the old fashioned way: working out, eating heathy, and holding myself accountable for my gains and losses.

I weigh myself every Wednesday and after plateauing for a good month, I finally hit my 40 lb mark. Just to give you an idea of how much of a loss that is, an accordion weighs 40 lbs. For the past 2 years, I have been carrying around an instrument. It's amazing how it feels to drop that. But it's also strange.

I feel lighter, yet I feel like I haven't lost anything at all sometimes. I constantly ask people if they can tell a difference. I'm not even trying to seek out compliments, I just need that reassurance that my scale isn't a lying bitch! I still feel like that overweight kid who got winded eating a cheeseburger. And trust me, McDonalds isn't very kind about customers taking a nap half way through their Big Macs. I feel like that awkward teenager who couldn't fit into the cool clothes. But I'm changing the way I think.

After a carb and calorie filled weekend with Ash, I resumed my diet...wait...my "life change" and have a goal set. By May 7, my 25th birthday, I want to be down 50 lbs total. It is a long distance goal, since I know there is a SAFE way to drop weight (you can't rush it...you have to go slow or you will end up flabby and that's not sexy). You can't starve yourself or over work yourself. Slow and steady wins the race. And there better be a cake at the finish line.

So wish me luck. I feel like I can do it, but if I don't I won't binge and eat myself into my old fat jeans. And if you want tips to my weight loss follow me, leave me comments, and ask away.

10 lbs feels like a lot. That equals to the same amount as an old 1980's brick phone. The same as a pair of platforms The Spice Girls wore in concert. Ugh...I can see the cake at the end of the tunnel.

Turning a quarter of a century old means you get to eat a quarter of the cake by yourself, right? I hope so.

See you at the finish line!!


No comments:

Post a Comment