4.05.2012

Let Me Tell You 'Bout My Best Friend....

Yes, Marilyn.  Diamonds are a girls best friend. But while they are pretty and sparkly they really can't compete with your favorite partner in crime.

Hey guys.  I hope that all of you are doing as excellent as I am.  As you can probably guess I am up late...and with good reason.  For the past week I have been waiting for a special package to arrive at my doorstep.  It's a tall, blonde, well dressed package that I haven't seen in a month. Can anyone guess what it is? 

If you said my best friend Ashley you would be right!

THE BEST FRIEND WILL BE HERE TOMORROW!!! And I am so excited.  It has been a month since I have seen this chick and let me tell you, it feels like FOREVER since I have talked to her face to face.  Now please do not get me wrong, I have a close handful of people I consider my best friends, and you know who you are.  But I have known this lady longer that I have known my hair straightener, so you can guess how long that is. (12 years...Eeeek!) 

Me with frizzy hair...it ain't pretty.

I wanted to write a little post and talk about how no matter what, a person needs that one best friend, guy or girl, who they can call at any time whatever the reason.  I don't know what I would have done without this chick in my life.  She is my family.  My sister from another Mister.  The Amy Farrah Fowler to my Penny.

"I love you more than an electron wants to attach to a proton."

We all have those relationships in our lives that we know if those ties were severed, we would be lost.  If it's a parent, a sibling, a neighbor or an ex-lover, it is imperative to have that secret keeper in your life.  That one person that you don't even have to say anything to, where you can just shoot them a look and you know they get what you are trying to convey.  It would be a very boring life not being able to fill it with the people that you love.  And this lady friend of mine that will be on her way tomorrow morning is one of those people to me. I mean I love her more than a chubby child loves pie. 



Today marks my one month anniversary of living in Austin. Now, I don't want to go all dear diary on you guys, but give me some slack.  She's my best friend. I am stoked about seeing her.  You would be, too!  And granted she only lives three hours away, but it feels further.  And yes, it's only been one little month, but it feels longer.



So, my dear friends out there in Blogland, I am signing off for a couple days and taking this Easter Weekend to spend some time hanging out downtown in a nice hotel with her, not counting calories, drinking whatever is put in front of me, and probably blowing this Friday's paycheck.  But you know what?  It's totally worth it.

Urkel agrees, it's worth it.

So leave me some good comments to come back to.  Follow me if you aren't already, and tell me how you and your best friend spend your time.  I can guarantee you that there will be a couple late night trips to IHOP in the next few days for Ashley and I.  What do you and your bestie do?


Peace, love, and chocolate,

Mace



No comments:

Post a Comment